You are invited to…
“How to Use an Hour” (an Anacostia Hour, that is…)
When: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 – 7-9PM
Where: 4104 32nd Street, Mount Rainier
Are you unsure what to do with those Anacostia Hours that are burning a hole in your pocket, or sitting in your cash register, or perhaps a kitchen drawer? Are you thinking: where did I put that directory of goods and services they gave me, when I signed up as a member?
HOURS ARE LOCAL PURCHASING POWER!
What: Join the organizers of the Anacostia Hours local currency initiative on Wednesday, September 14, 2011, for a free and brief “inservice” training on how to make the most of your Hours, while boosting circulation of the currency and increasing benefits to community participants. We will be hosting this event at 4104 32nd Street, Mount Rainier, from 7:00 – 9:00 PM. All are welcome, members and non-members alike! To accommodate those just getting back from work, we’ll begin the session with a pot luck supper offering. Feel free to bring something to add to the potluck.
This informal and interactive training will cover such topics as:
- using the Hours directory and website (www.anacostiahours.org)
- initiating transactions
- advertising your goods & services
- keeping your membership current
- getting change (smaller denomination Hours bills – or dollars and cents)
- communicating with the Hours community
- expanding the base of members, goods & services.
- for storefront businesses, additional tips and guidance
To help us with planning, please RSVP to: email@example.com or
Nick Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443 722-0528